Mayor & City Council
The Nash City Council is comprised of a Mayor elected at-large and five single-member district Council members who are elected for three-year terms to represent the citizens of the City of Nash.
Second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Work Session begins at 5:30 p.m.
City Council Chambers, Nash City Hall 119 Elm St. Nash, TX 75569
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval
The City of Nash, Texas is a General Law City, incorporated under the statutes of the State of Texas. Nash has a Mayor-City Council form of city government. The City Administrator, appointed by the City Council, provides professional leadership in carrying out the policies and objectives formulated by the Mayor and Council. This includes administering the planning, development, coordination and monitoring of programs and projects to ensure they meet the goals set by the City Council.
City Administrator’s Duties
- Maintaining general administrative and managerial supervision over the various functions, departments, personnel, projects, and services of the City
- Implementing City Council policy
- Overseeing the maintenance of all City accounting records for both expenditures and revenue
- Developing, preparing, and submitting policy considerations to the City Council for action
- Preparing and managing the annual budget
- Preparing and delivering reports to the City Council
- Preparing agendas for meetings of the City Council
- Promoting economic development projects
- Investigating and preparing the writing of grants for the City
- Overseeing organizational developments
- Supervising and evaluating all department heads
- Overseeing short- and long-term planning
- Exercising general supervision and control over all City purchases and expenditures in accordance with budget and policies established by the City Council
The City Secretary provides administrative support to the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator, and City staff in many different ways.
The City Secretary:
- Attends all meetings of the City Council to keep accurate records of all actions taken
- Maintains the official records and files of the city.
- Administers Oaths
- Attests contracts, assessment certificates, and other legal documents when executed by the authorized officers of the city.
- Serves as the election official for all city elections.
- Posts all City Council meeting agendas as required by the Open Meeting Act.
- Processes all requests for public records as required by the Public Information Act.
- Functions as the Court Clerk and Finance Director.
The Finance Director:
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash Flows and Fiscal Operations of the City
- general ledger
- municipal court
- utility billing
- debt management
- accounts payable
- accounts receivable
- capital assets
- The overall responsibility for the efficient and prudent financial administration of the City in accordance with guidelines established by policies, procedures, ordinances, and budgets adopted by the City Council and state laws.
Water Utilities - 903-838-0751
City Administration - 903-838-0751
Building Permits & Inspection - 903-838-0751
Jackie Chestnutt firstname.lastname@example.org
Dwight Smith 903-838-0751
Court - 903-838-0822
John C. Hawkins Jr. (Municipal Judge)903-838-0822
Kelli Harris email@example.com
Police Administrative Assistant - 903-838-0822
Nash Industrial Development Corporation - 903-838-0751